donderdag 8 oktober 2009

Halal-label for the pig-industry


I was still looking for an interesting subject for my own blog when Jana asked me what I thought about the title of her new blog. So I opened our site and took a look at it. I start reading her blog and I remembered that I have read a article whit a similar subject in the “Metro”. (for those who’re not taking the train regularly: “Metro” is a free paper you can found every day in the stations.)
I didn’t know exactly what was in the article so I wanted to search it on the web. But unfortunately I couldn’t found it anymore. The article was talking about the pig-industry in Belgium. Belgium has an increasing number of export from pigs to Islamite countries. To increase the export even more the Belgium pig-industry wants to introduce a Halal-label. When I searched for the article (I couldn’t found) I came across the EuroHalal site. There I could read more about Halal-food and Halal-labels.

First of all I think it’s a good idea to introduce a Halal-label. Because of the declining numbers of the export to non-Islamite countries it’s necessary to exploit new markets so the Belgium pig-industry can keep exporting. An introduction of Halal-label will have the effect more Islamite people will be interested in our pig meat. This will result in a better export, what will be good for our economic.

1 opmerking:

  1. I also think this label would be good for the Belgian economy. In this way, we can export the pork to the Islamitic countries and meanwhile don't have to worry about the decreasing numbers of the pork export to non-Islamitic countries.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen