woensdag 14 oktober 2009

Child labour audit in India

Despite of the (3 year existing!) prohibition of child labour, a report of UNICEF says there are still more than 12 million children in India who have to work in dangerous conditions. That’s why the Campaign Against Child Trafficking and Labour (CACT) started a National Social Audit to check the maintenance of the law. The CACT already began auditing in Delhi and in 11 other states. They are first going to examine the government reports and then audit the children who are working in restaurants alongside the highways in the country. The audit would also reveal the irregularities concerning the age under which a person is considered a child.

I’ve chosen this source because I wanted to confirm that auditing doesn’t always have to be linked with a company; in this article it’s about auditing a country. Another reason why I’ve chosen this source is because I think it’s an important issue that I would like to bring up. It’s ridiculous that this sort of problem isn’t banished yet! This proves again that auditing is very important, like in this example, it can save lives! I hope this audit will have an effect so that the child labour in India will reduce a lot.

Link to the article: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/3-years-on-child-labour-ban-just-on-paper/articleshow/5107679.cms

1 opmerking:

  1. I agree that's ridiculous that the problem of child labour isn't banished yet.
    Further I think it's a good idee to bring up the subject of auditing a country, I hadn't thought of it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen