woensdag 25 november 2009

Home Energy Audit


Some of the largest energy wasters in houses are dirty filters, open windows, open fireplace dampers, poor ventilation, improper thermostat settings, poor insulation,... In the US most houselholds lose $400 a year because of these energy wasters. And actually, saving this money is really easy: by doing a home energy audit. 'Wake Forest Power' offers this free audits by creating a program that helps their customers to save energy at their houses. The 'Towns Residential Energy Auditor' visits houses of customers and helps them to find more specific ways to save energy, if they request for this. The auditor checks windows, doors, isolation, the water heather,... In this way the auditor helps households to save hundreds of dollars.


I think it's a very good idea of 'Wake Forest Power' to offer free home energy audits to US households. It's not only good for the energy bills of these households but also for the environment because every bit can help to reduce the heating up of the world! Maybe it's a good idea to stimulate every household to do such audits and especially people who are building a new house to search for advice how they can build their house with attention to energy saving. This would be good for everyone's future.


2 opmerkingen:

  1. I think it's a great idea to do this. I can save people a lot of money. And with that money, we could buy nice things. I guess everyone sometimes lets his door or window open. But if we think about it, it would save us a lot of money.
    I'm surprised they do it for free. And I think it's great for people who just bought a house, or will build one. Because they are most of the time young, and don't have a lot of money.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I totally agree with your opinion. It’s a very good idea to do such an audit. I never heard about it so I thank you to deal this with us. As you and Julie have already said, it help people to save a lot of money. In these days money is very important to survive and if you can save money by this method I should give the advice to everyone to do this audit! If I buy a house or build a house in the future, I will certainly use this audit.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen